Monday, December 12, 2011

Emerald Coast Realty/Islander Beach Resort

I have been looking into Islander Beach Resort in Ft. Walton. Has anyone rented from Emerald Coast Realty? They seem to offer an incredible amenities package--free chair and umbrella rental, free round of golf for everyday stay, dolpin cruise tickets...



has anyone used them before and is the amenities package ';for real?';



Also, would love your opinion on this particular resort--We are wanting a1BR or efficiency and they have this. Most of the other condos used by this realty co. are 2+ BR.



Also, any other Destin or Ft. Walton suggestions would be great. I have only been to Destin so I am very unfamiliar with the condos in Ft. Walton.



Emerald Coast Realty/Islander Beach Resort


Is the name of the rental agency Emerald Coast Realty or Emerald Coast Vacation Rentals?





Is it located in Destin?



Emerald Coast Realty/Islander Beach Resort


It is Brooks and Shorey Resorts Inc. Their website is emeraldcoastrentals.com--I am assuming it is Ft. Walton since all of their properties are there.




Altho I%26#39;ve never used Brooks %26amp; Shorey, I know they%26#39;ve been around for awhile. And I have heard of management companies offering beach chairs, movie rentals, etc. I would assume they are trying to sway so many people that rent directly from owners (www.vrbo.com).



As with most condos, the Islander are individually owned %26amp; decorated units, so you might ask for pics of the unit you%26#39;ll be renting. Some of those studios are pretty small, so you might also ask for square footage, if that is a concern. I%26#39;ve seen some pics on the internet of Islander units, %26amp; the ones I%26#39;ve seen looked just fine.



And if you aren%26#39;t happy with the unit you are given, I suppose you can always go back to the office %26amp; ask for something else!




I%26#39;ve rented through Brooks %26amp; Shorey the last 3 years(emeraldcoastrentals.com) %26amp; have friends that have been using them longer. Everyone has always been happy with them. Their amenities package is the real deal. There is also a direct number for the Islander that you can call. It%26#39;s 888-244-4137. I looked in a 2 bedroom unit that a friend was staying in and it looked nice. The pool area is big. We have always stayed at Emeral Towers West. It%26#39;s right next to the Islander. Emerald Towers West %26amp; Gulfside Condos have 1BR. You might want to look at these too. 2 years ago a friend had a 1BR rented through the Islander %26amp; when she got there it was on the west side of the building. She didn%26#39;t like it so they gave her a room at Emerald Towers. I%26#39;ve looked at the efficiency%26#39;s on vrbo.com and they look like the size of a motel room with a kitchenette. I would consider staying in an efficiency if you don%26#39;t need much room. They are gulffront, so you would have a good view. This year when we got to our room, 2 of the tv%26#39;s wouldn%26#39;t work. I called their office %26amp; they had somebody up there immediatly to fix them. I think they%26#39;re very helpful. I like the girl in the Brooks %26amp; Shorey office when I%26#39;m trying to make reservations. I think her name is Barra, try to talk to her. You can ask her anything, Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment