Monday, December 12, 2011

Seafood Dinner

I%26#39;d like to get some good dinner suggestions suggestions. Me and My Fianc茅 will be down next weekend (21st-24th) and I%26#39;d like to take her to get some good seafood. Maybe something with a view that wont break our bank, I understand this is Key West. She is a huge seafood/fish lover, me not so much on the fish but I can tear up some shell fish and an occasional grouper sandwich, fried of course.



Other than that, you%26#39;ll find me eating burgers the whole time. I don%26#39;t know what it is about Key West but I can%26#39;t eat enough burgers. Maybe it%26#39;s the whole cheeseburger in paradise thing. Even though Maragritaville%26#39;%26#39;s ';Cheese Burger in Paradise'; wasn%26#39;t that good.



Seafood Dinner


Go anywhere along the Harbor Walk and you pretty much can%26#39;t go wrong. Yuo%26#39;ve got Half Shell Raw Bar, Turtle Kraals, A%26amp;B Lobster House and The Conch Republic. All afford a great view of all the ships and people watching.



Seafood Dinner


Alonzo%26#39;s on the Historic Harbor Boardwalk and downstairs from A%26amp;B has a fantastic happy hour 4-6:30 with half price on raw bar and appetizers and 2 for 1 drinks. The seafood is fresh and the view of the harbor can%26#39;t be beat. The Half Shell Raw Bar also at the Historic Harbor has a view and lots of fresh seafood.





I think the reports of the shrimp at The Conch Republic Seafood weren%26#39;t that good, but they do have a good fish sandwich. BO%26#39;s is a funky place with fresh fish located just back from the harbor on the corner of Caroline and William. Look for the old truck out front...yes, it%26#39;s safe to go in!! :)





For your burger fix try Fogarty%26#39;s or Jack Flat%26#39;s both on Duval. Great for people watching. I think you can find lots of good seafood at fair prices.



Let us know your favorites when you get home!!




Seven Fish is pretty popular. We really like it. You should make reservations, though. Jack Flatts and Rum barrel have really good burgers. I, too, think Margaritaville is over-rated.



Camille%26#39;s also has great seafood dishes.




Look at Blue Heaven. The grouper is great here and you can get a tenderloin...



http://blueheavenkw.homestead.com/dimenu.html



Pjk




We love the Yellowtail Snapper at the Blue Heaven and the scallops appetizer is also delish. I have always been a fan of the Blue Heaven and we often go there for our birthday dinners.




Well funny thing is, this would be our Birthday dinner. Blue Heaven sounds like the way to go. Unique and the type of dishes we like. near our hotel too. I%26#39;ll probably hit Alonzo%26#39;s and Kelly%26#39;s for happy hour, both sound great. Jack Flats for my burger and grouper fix


Alcohol fix...well...hmm...to bad I can%26#39;t clone myself because I%26#39;d be everywhere. Never walked into a bar in Key west I didn%26#39;t like.




Pepe%26#39;s is a must....definitely, one of a kind.




We have enjoyed dinners at Blue Heaven, Pepes, and Seven Fish, though we prefer the al fresco atmosphere of the first two. As great as the cuisine is at Seven Fish, the room is a little close for my tastes. Pepes has some nice Cuban beef dishes, like marinated skirt steak and ropa vieja - though you probably have more ready access to such in Ybor City. The snapper, mahi, and (my favorite) island dry rub grouper are faves of mine at Blue Heaven . We also like dinner at Half Shell Raw Bar, and you%26#39;ll spend a little less there than you will at any of the abovementioned more upscale places.





Can%26#39;t help you at all on the burger front. As much as I enjoy them on my own grill at home, I go almost exclusively to fish mode when I%26#39;m in Key West.

No comments:

Post a Comment