Monday, December 12, 2011

Help with Drections to the Beach?

We will be landing in Orlando Friday afternoon and heading straight for Daytona. The owner of the condo we are staying in recommended that we not take I-4 in, but rather, use I-95 being on a Friday evening at evening rush hour. Can someone give me good directions using I-95 from the Orlando Airport? THANKS! Malinda



Help with Drections to the Beach?


Sorry, Malinda, the most direct route I know from Orlando to Daytona is by I-4! The only other way I know would be to take Hwy. 50 out of Orlando, east, all the way to I-95, but at that point you would be way down below Titusville. You would then have to come all the way back up I-95 to Daytona, and that would probably take at least an hour, in addition to the 45 minutes it would take over on Hwy. 50 (I think it%26#39;s a four-lane with red lights all the way). Maybe someone else would know a better way, like hotandsandy, but I really think I-4 would still be the best bet!



Help with Drections to the Beach?


I 95 does not connect in Orlando. Maybe the condo owner said 92, which is not an interstate. I would say stay with I 4, be patient with the traffic and then connect to I 95 once 4 ends. There are several Daytona exits, if you need more info, just ask, someone will help ya out. Have a safe trip. Weather has been great!




Pull up Mapquest and print it out. They offer 3 different routes from the Orlando airport to Daytona. That is what we did and I took the directions with me. The route we chose goes close to Winter Park, has no tolls and was a good drive. Don%26#39;t forget to print the reverse return trip to the aiport out as well. I hope this helps.



Bonnie




Hey, there, I always land in Orlando and drive or get driven to Daytona, the trip there is beautiful, The traffic isn%26#39;t all that bad, if there happens to be traffic just be patient.





The drive from Orlando to Daytona is only about 1 hour, and if it rains, it will pour. So when you are driving and if you happen to get rain just slow down and make sure you concentrate, sometimes it rains so hard you can%26#39;t see infront of you!





Have a safe drive!





Pibb,




Thanks so much for all the helpful advice. I have printed out some Mapquest directions and have directions from the rental car company as well. Hoping for good beach weather and some relaxation-- topped off with the BEST food around. WE LOVE DAYTONA! Thanks again! Malinda




Malinda,



You are welcome. I agree Daytona is AWESOME! When are you leaving and did you get one of those great SWA deals?



Bonnie




We leave tomorrow morning. We didn%26#39;t get in on the SW air deals, but got a decent price of $230 per person, round trip, with Northwest. THere *may* be a Northwest strike while we are down in Daytona--what a shame if we got STUCK for a few extra days in paradise! LOL! Crossing my fingers for good weather~ Malinda




Have a safe and fun trip!





Pibb,




Malinda, I%26#39;m thinking what the guy is referring to is they way we go to Orlando airport. Out of the airport to Beeline towards Coco Beach and Titusville. You%26#39;ll travel through 1 toll and continue for about 40 miles till you get to 95North you%26#39;ll proceed on 95 until you hit the Port Orange/ Daytona Beach Shores Exit. You%26#39;ll make a right onto Dunlawton Ave travel that road until you actually will run into the beach. Believe me this guy is right. Much, Much quicker and much less traffic. We never go any other way. What is the name of the condo complex? I can then tell you from there which way to turn on A1A.




Malind,



LOL @ getting stuck in paradise. I hope you have good weather too. We were there June 2-12 and the weather was wonderful, not even as hot as it usually is. If you have access to a puter while you are there let us know how everything goes. My best wishes to you, have a safe and fun filled trip to paradise.



Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment