Monday, December 12, 2011

Want a condo for a long weekend

Does anyone know of condos, apartments or efficiencies that are nice but that can be rented on a daily basis for a long weekend instead of having to rent for the seven day minimum that most places have. My husband and I want to visit Siesta Key in Sept. from a Thursday to a Monday or Tuesday.



Want a condo for a long weekend


That is going to be a tough one. There are some lovely B%26amp;B%26#39;s on siesta key. I think you can actually search them on this site.



Want a condo for a long weekend


I go to SK every year but I always stay at least a week. I do rememember seeing signs at some of the smaller motels along the beach that indicated less than a 7 night minimum. Check the Sarasota website under accommations. September is not a busy time of year so you should be able to find something.




I have never been to Siesta Key, but I%26#39;m looking at going with some friends in July. From what I%26#39;ve found, a lot of place are weekly, but I%26#39;ve found a few that aren%26#39;t.



Captiva Beach Resort (www.captivabeachresort) has different size rooms with full kitchens. It got good ratings on this site %26amp; is ranked #2 (but you can get a decent size room for $120/night).



Another really good one I found was Palm Bay Club (www.palmbayclub.com). They are ranked really well on this site as well. They have 3 different buildings - one right on the beach, one right behind it %26amp; one across the street, on the bay. The further away from the ocean you are, the cheaper. But, they have daily rates that are reasonable.



If you go to www.siestakeychamber.com, they will send you a little booklet with different places to stay, eat, shop, things to do etc. Along with that, I%26#39;ve been receiving brochures from different condos to check out as well (they%26#39;re all in the booklet though).



Hope that helps!




Well I found one...an actual condo that you can rent daily. Through their website it looks great. We%26#39;ll be heading down at the end of May so I%26#39;ll let you know how it is. www.siestabeachhouse.com




Well, how did you like your condo?????




Although it%26#39;s not a condo, I would recommend the Tropical Shores Resort. They have efficiencies and are a great value.



www.tropicalshoresresort.com



~SRQgirl




Thanks. I%26#39;ve actually been looking at Palm Bay Club, staying on the Bay side. The resort keeps telling me it%26#39;s only a short walk to the beach, but my husband insists its about a half mile. Do you know anything about the Palm Bay Club? Thanks!




The Palm Bay Club is a very nice place to stay. The Grand Tower is directly on Siesta beach.



Their web site is large with lots of photos.



www.palmbayclub.com




Also, you might want to look at some of the recommended places to stay on the Siesta Key page on Tripadvisor rather than the Sarasota page.




Any other suggestions? I want to be close to the beach, but would also like to have a nice pool for the girls. I%26#39;m starting to think we should maybe stay in st. Pete. It seems there are more places there directly on the beach that rent for partial weeks. Have you ever been to St. Pete beach?

No comments:

Post a Comment