Monday, December 12, 2011

Update on White Street Pier

Scotty and I rode by on the scooter this morning. We almost fell off the scooter onto the road when we saw... REPAIR WORKERS! Yes, ladies and gents, repair work has finally begun on White Street Pier. Now, I have no idea of a timeline on completion, but I can tell you that there were a grand total of 3 workers out there, and they were in the very beginning stages. I%26#39;m going to estimate a spring/summer 2007 reopening IF it doesn%26#39;t get smashed by another storm this year.



Update on White Street Pier


Prior to Wilna that pier seemed to be crumbling little by little for years, and no-one seemed to care about it. I wonder what Wilma did to make them start to worry. You would think some sort of structural damage.





Pjk



Update on White Street Pier


From what I remember, it was some of the guard rails got knocked down, so they weren%26#39;t leeting people back on it. My guess is that because it is not revenue-producing, it%26#39;s not high on the priority list. But, Scotty and I loved to walk about there and check out the water. So, we miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment