Saturday, April 3, 2010

August weather

Hello,


I%26#39;ve asked this once before about a month ago or so, but I guess I%26#39;m trying to convince myself that it won%26#39;t be ';that bad'; - exactly how unbearable is the heat in mid August? Is it truly miserable? I%26#39;m finally getting ready to decide whether we%26#39;re going to brave Orlando for our trip or not, so thanks.



August weather


We%26#39;re going in August also we ususally do hotel pool in the daytime and when the sun starts to go done do the parks if feels so much better cause it is so hot %26amp; humid but you have to have a plan.



August weather


LM99 we went the first part of June. The humidity did not kick in till the second half of our trip and all I can say is wow! It can be overwhelming and will wipe you out. Make sure you get there early, take breaks and keep everyone hydrated. We did water parks a few times in the afternoons and that was refreshing. Do your serious park touring the first part of your trip before everyone wears out and know you will probably not get everything on your list done.





I am from Arizona and am use to 100 degree temps, but to be honest this heat wiped us out.





That being said, we had a blast and enjoyed our trip. We had to go in June for scheduling reasons, but if I had a choice I would pick a cooler time to go. If I did not have a choice, I would go ahead and go in August and have a great time despite the heat and humidity.




If you can travel another time in the year then do. The heat is unbearable because of the humidity. It is also very crowded. I would avoid the theme parks in the afternoon and just chill by the hotel/villa pool. Then go back in the evening and enjoy the parks after the sun has gone down. The parks are open late (sometimes until midnight) and this is the best time to enjoy the rides.




No hotter than Tennesse, humid until the afternoon shower then pleasant at night.





The parks are always busy all year and August has been quieter the last 2




Thanks so much everyone. I have been driving myself crazy wondering how much worse can it be than it is here in TN; sounds like it will be fairly similar, maybe a bit more intense. I think the idea of staying around the pool during the day and then going to the parks at night sounds good. If we were able to go any other time of the year we would, but that%26#39;s just the way it is for us. Looks like we%26#39;ll probably go ahead with the trip - as long as I don%26#39;t start freaking out again thinking we%26#39;d better go way north instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment