Saturday, April 3, 2010

directions from Ft. Lauderdale

I look on past posts but could not find anything on this, I remember reading something a while ago. We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale tommorow, is there a best way- easiest way to get to Key west?



directions from Ft. Lauderdale


Exiting the airport go north on US 1 to I-595. West on I-595 to the Florida Turnpike. Take the Turnpike South. I think the tolls will be about $4.00 ( they may have gone up a little) . It is a much better, faster, safer route than I-95 and it will take you to Florida City south of Miami where it will deposit you back on Route 1 south , which goes all the way to Key West. At one point you will be given the option to go off on another toll road, Card Sound. Some folks like this as it is very rustic and has a very rustic bar/restaurant , (called Alabama Jacks%26#39; I think) but I think most folks prefer to stay on Rt. 1 all the way. iI is two lanes in some spots, four laned in others and there are lots of places to stop and stretch and of course lovely scenery- the Ocean on your left, Gulf on your right. When you get to Marathon, you should be about an hour north of Key West. Enjoy your drive-we%26#39;ll be headed down the following weekend for our annual trip and can%26#39;t wait!



directions from Ft. Lauderdale


In the event it%26#39;s not too late:





Lulutoo is correct, but here are a couple of more detailed instructions.





After gettin on 595 west, go to exit 8, and exit right, you%26#39;ll eventually sweep up and to the left.





As you%26#39;re heading southbound on Florida%26#39;s Turnpike, I think it%26#39;s bout mile marker 48 or so you%26#39;ll see an exit right toward Homestead. GO!





Four $1 tolls is right.





Hope all of the above helps.




Thanks for the info. I%26#39;ll be there soon.




On the weekend you should be okay going straight to I-95 and heading south.




We%26#39;ve done both I-95 and the Turnpike (on weekends and weekdays). I will ALWAYS take the Turnpike from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment