Thursday, April 1, 2010

Gators trip report - July 1-10, 2006

Oh man, i dont know where to begin! If all my pics were developed, i could tell the story so well...We arrived in PCB on Saturday July 1st, about 1 pm. The view of Long Beach coming into sight was wonderful. Prettier than I had imagined...And knowing what was in the back yard, was that much more enticing. The Condo-Tower 1, room 100, Owned by Ms Anna Costine, Tallahassee, was unbelievable. Everything i had seen on vrbo. She is a classy lady. The amenities in the condo were so plush and inviting, we felt like home from the first second. The views from every room were breathtaking. The open balcony with ample room, and ample furniture made it our favorite place.





We made our way to Publix. My first trip to one, and I loved it. To get fresh Key Lime Pie, fruit, and seafood, sushi, wine, beach chairs, things for the kids all in one stop-great. Love that store





Pineapple Willy%26#39;s-to die for. We had the greatest time-Sunday night, and hour and a half wait, and we felt like we were on top of the world when they seated us out on the pier. Great ribs, Pineapple Willy after Pineapple Willy, our cabinets are now stocked with his glasses and sand buckets!!!! The kids licked their chops for days!





The Sea Screamer-so awesome! We rode for almost two hours, We fought a watergun fight with the pirate ship, we shot a cannon at Edgewater off of the boat, and the dolphins surrounded us-they were beautiful-almost magical.





We ate at Captain Jacks buffet- the crab legs were endless, and my hubby proved the price well worth it as he ate his weight in crab legs. We really enjoyed.



The best pizza in town is Joey%26#39;s. The true blue new york style-the pizzas are huge. They were great. Get the Joeys Special. Gourmet all the way.



My husband and i took a morning for ourselves..We ate breakfast, rode the small beach house roads, shopped a little, then visited the nicest surprise around-the Panama City Beach Winery-where we tasted so many great wines. Category 5 is our favorite, and we brought home plenty. All the citruses rolled into one...The lady who gave us the tour and wine tasting was an adorable, classy lady, i dont recall her name, and so very nice. We loved this place.



I cannot begin to tell you what being there on the 4th of july was like.



We went to pier park and enjoyed a celebration of our country where



F16%26#39;s flew by in broken formation, and great music. Crossed the road to the beach at sunset to watch fireworks but were not prepared for what we were to see. For as far as the eye could see along the beach, were beautiful fireworks shows, personal, and put on by resorts, and condo%26#39;s. We were in awe as we all stood and watched back and forth. At 9, the fireworks began from the pier. 20 minutes of spectacular, magnificent continual fireworks right over our heads. We went back to our condo where we continued watching fireworks until the wee hours of the morning, and i have to say, there wasnt a night that we didnt watch a fireworks show on the beach. I have never seen anything like that in my life.



We took the kids to Coconut Creek, rode the carts, rode the virtual roller coaster, enjoyed the heat, and the fun.



Long beautiful days on the beach, shell hunting, swimming in the clear beautiful water, sunning, playing, boogy boarding, floating on the waves, dolphins feeding in the early morning in front of Long Beach, sting rays, a baby shark on a little boys fishing pole, endless blue crab chasing and catching by my husband, who by the way, grew up near Ocala, on Lake Okliwaha. Ghost crab hunting late at night with flashlights. Endless late night walks on the beach, with my family, and alone with my husband. To see the kids worn out, and ready for bed before us-priceless....





And to top it off- my alternator went out on my car on Wednesday. My husband found someone luckily. Ricky%26#39;s Automotive, on Thomas Drive. Just a good ole boy who wasnt interested in the dollar, but interested in helping us get what we needed so we could get back home. Our hats are off to YOU Ricky! You truly took great care of us! Our rented 2006Cadillac DTL from Avis at the airport wasnt too shabby either. They were great, also.



Long Beach Resort-we couldnt get enough. We stayed 2 more nights at Majestic Beach Resort. Majestic is beautiful, and they have a host of amenities to offer. We loved the atmosphere, and the outdoor bar and grill, where we ate lunch and supper-the blackened grouper sandwich is a must if you stay there. But I have to say-it doesnt live up to the Long Beach Resort. The feel, the balconies, the pools, we were never crowded at lbr. The feeling of being at home, with the beach as your back yard. I can never say enough about this place. It is an Icon for PCB, and I will return here again and again.



I know why they call pcb the redneck riviera. The people of this city and beach are so nice, and the graciously give of themselves as we converge on their lives for our little piece of heaven. I couldnt have gone anywhere else and had a better time, and I am so proud I didnt even give it a second thought. Thanks bunney and karen for all of your help. There is so much we did that i havent posted. The beaches are beatiful. Words cant describe. The people are wonderul. Hospitality abounds. To finally get to see everything in person that you have looked at over and over on the web is priceless. I will never forget this vacation. Its one for the recordbooks!



Gators trip report - July 1-10, 2006


Awwww Gator it sounds like you had such an amazing time, and I am SO happy! I hope we have found a lifetime vacationer in you :)





Joey%26#39;s pizza, I have never even heard of it! I looked it up on the web and it%26#39;s only about 5 minutes from our house, we%26#39;ll have to try it sometime.





Isn%26#39;t Publix Key Lime pie delicious? I never buy it because I would eat the whole thing myself and then go back for more!



Gators trip report - July 1-10, 2006




Wow, you made me feel like I was there already!!! I LOVE reading these posts on everyones trip. We leave in 3 weeks and can hardly stand myself I am soooo excited, this will be our first time in PC Beach. One question, what is the Sea Screamer? Sounds like a coaster, where is it? Thanks again for the great report on your trip!




Lacey, Sea Screamer is a boat





http://www.seascreamer.net/




Gator----thanks so much for your awesome review. Sounds like you and your family had a great time at my favorite place--Panama city beach!!



Lacey4--you said ya%26#39;ll leave in 3 weeks....am I correct to assume around 7/29? That%26#39;s when we%26#39;re going--7/29-8/5. We%26#39;re so excited about going back to our favorite vacation spot but have SO MANY things to do at home before we can leave. Middle daughter age 10 returns tomorrow (Friday) from 5 days at church camp--first time away from home for more than 4 days. Saturday morning we put our oldest daughter (15 in Aug) on a plane w/our Youth Group for a Mission trip to Calgary, Canada. She hasn%26#39;t flown since she was 8, never on a connecting flight and NEVER by herself, I%26#39;m a little nervous about it. She returns the 22nd and we leave the 29th. A million and one things to do but we%26#39;ll get it done....we always do.



Thanks again Gator for sharing. We may have to do the SeaScreamer this time!!





Karen




Thanks for sharing your report. We are leaving on Sunday to come down for a week. Can you tell me more about Coconut Creek, such as where it is, prices, etc ? Also, I have seen pretty bad reviews on here about Captain Jack%26#39;s seafood buffet. Can you elaborate a little more ? I am seriously thinking about purchasing the restaurant.com gift certificates for there. Thanks in advance.



Candy




Gator- Now I%26#39;m even more motivated to get there. Our plans keep getting put off. I almost gave up on it for this year, but now I%26#39;m putting my nose to the grindstone to get it done! Thank you for sharing. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!





Karen- Breathe, Honey. Everything will get done, and your girl will be fine. Seems it%26#39;s when we worry that they surpirse us with remarkabe maturity. Good job, by the way, raising a young one who actually wants to spread God%26#39;s word! Ya did good! : )




kuponklipper: here is everything you need to know about Coconut Creek



http://www.coconutcreekfun.com/





It%26#39;s very close to our house, during the colder months when it;s not so busy, my husband and I go play a round or two sometimes :)





Karen: I agree with what netterj said about your daughter, you should be so proud of her!





Hope everyone that%26#39;s preparing for a trip has a few minutes today to look at a beach cam and relax :)




lilbunny %26amp; netterj---Thanks for the encouraging words. Just picked DD up from soccer practice and now starting to pack. I fear the mom overload will come into place tonight or in the morning but I%26#39;m trying to keep it at bay! She%26#39;s not even packed yet and has to be at the airport in Nashville at 5:30 tomorrow morning!!!! I am so very proud of her for wanting to do this. She%26#39;s a good kid and I know how blessed I am!!





Coconut Creek is alot of fun. There are coupons in several guide books you can get at all of the restaurants and hotel/condo lobbies.



What%26#39;s the one acrosst he street? Pirate%26#39;s Cove? Treasure Island? Something like that--it%26#39;s fun too. Amazes me how much it costs to play mini golf now. $8 avg pp? Gez, that%26#39;s as much as a movie!! I can remember not too terribly long ago it was $3 and a cheap date!



Regardless have fun!!





Karen




Karen - you had both words, it%26#39;s Pirate Island golf :) Sean %26amp; I actually like to go play Goofy Golf out by the Alf Coleman pier, it%26#39;s a much older course but it reminds us of when we were young, the way you have to hit the ball into the dinosaur%26#39;s mouth or through the windmill, and the big tacky plaster statues. Plus it%26#39;s cheaper, I think $6.




Yea, we%26#39;ve been to Goofy Golf a few times too but my girls prefer the other ones. I usually just walk around w/them and keep up w/the score while I take pictures. They roll their eyes and say ';Mom, you have a picture of us on this same alligator every year for the last 5 yrs....give it a rest ok?!'; LOL! And I say....';Yea, I know but some day ya%26#39;ll will be all grown up and you%26#39;ll never want to come w/Daddy and I again. Then you%26#39;ll bring your family here and can start the tradition all over again!!!'; Just like our tradition of taking a picture of the girls on the beach the morning we%26#39;re heading back home. EVERY year I have a picture of them taken in the sand w/the Gulf behind them



and yes....they roll their eyes about that too!!! 7:00 in the morning they%26#39;re not too crazy about having pictures taken or going back home!!


  • facial
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment