Thursday, April 1, 2010

Universal Studios Review

In my opinion this park is a better studio than MGM. It sounds like Disney blasphemy, but that%26#39;s just the way I feel.





The Mummy Ride is a great rollercoaster (all indoor), it is a lot like Expedition Everest. It incorporates the same type of effects, which include screen effects, going backwards and the overall theme of escape. It%26#39;s nice to have a coaster which does more than just go up and down. Men in Black Alien Attack was great. I loved shooting at Aliens with my laser gun and racking up the points. Jaws, Earthquake and Back to the Future seem like dated rides but they are still fun to ride. The E.T. ride was the only ';original'; ride which I still found highly entertaining. The ';Twister Ride it out'; ride has received some bad reviews but we actually liked it. The wind gets pretty strong, you get a little wet and the funnel effect is pretty cool. Shrek 4-d was one of the best 3-d movies we saw, it%26#39;s a must see. The fear factor live show was very entertaining, I also reccommend this one. Universal has a night show called Universal 360 but we departed before this happened.





We bought Universal Express Plus passes ($80), but did not need them when we arrived as it was right after park opening and we walked right onto a lot of rides. We used them frequently in the afternoon as the lines got longer. We did many rides twice and thrice thanks to this pass.



Universal Studios Review


Glad to see you had a great time. I love Universal and the Mummy is my kids and I favorite ride. Very true, if you get there at opening you will just walk on everything for a least the first hour and a half.



Universal Studios Review


Got to agree with you that Universal is better than Disney.



I think we%26#39;re all conditioned to believe that Disney MUST be the best,but once you%26#39;re past this,Universal wins.



Don%26#39;t get me wrong,I love Disney and they have the advantage of more parks/magic etc.,but too much of their content is dated and mundane.



Hopefully,this will change as Disney introduce a greater percentage of modern attractions to their armory.




I think Universal Studios together with Islands of Adventure beats anything else hands down. I did think some of the attractions in Universal Studios were a bit corny and old-hat...but in a good way mostly. The rides in Islands of Adventure are amazing and each of the ';Islands'; look fantastic. We had to go on Spider-Man 3 times just to appreciate it - a word to the wise, try and sit in the front of the ';car'; as it improves the experience greatly.




I never said that Universal is better than Disney. I just said that in comparing studios, Universal is better than MGM. Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom and Epcot is a triple threat that cannot be beat in my opinion.




I agree with you that Universal Studios is MUCH better than MGM!! The only ride I did not like there was Back to the Future. I did not ride Mummy because I wasn%26#39;t sure how intense it would be, but I will try it this fall. I do like the water play area also- it%26#39;s a great place for the kiddies to unwind and for the parents to get a break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment