Thursday, April 1, 2010

Does everyone get checked for a criminal record ?

Does everyone get checked for a criminal record on arrival or is it random ?



Does everyone get checked for a criminal record ?


I may be wrong, or things may have changed - and can change at any time, but I believe the process is the airlines submit the names on the passenger manifest [and possibly the passport data] to US authorities. This way there is time to run the information thru databases. I believe this is only done on international flights. It also is why certain flights are diverted in air and land at alternate airports. That only happens when someone pops on a high risk suspect list. Beyond that, I don%26#39;t know how much of the security procedures they make public.



Does everyone get checked for a criminal record ?


Yes, I think you are right. This is why sometimes the name pops up when the person is in flight, depending on the threat, they may divert the plane.





This is also done on the cruise ship and people are frequently arrested when they arrive back home. It happened on the last cruise I was on, they make everyone wait while they take into custody.





I wouldn%26#39;t take the chance not getting a visa if that is what you have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment