Saturday, April 3, 2010

Has the Essex House in SoBe gone downhill since 2001?

Hi folks,





I travelled to miami in 2001 and stayed in the Essex House, which I really enjoyed. We are thinking about going there again this october- but the reviews on here are really bad!





I know it is an old hotel and relatively speaking has older fittings etc. But has anyone revisited it in the past few years and noticed it has gone downhill?





If you are able to, could you recommend another cheapish hotel in the Art Deco district?





your advice would be helpful!





nic



Has the Essex House in SoBe gone downhill since 2001?


Unfortunately, the Essex House has indeed gone downhill. I stayed many times in the past few years. I noticed a serious decline in January of this year when I found the rooms much dirtier and the service has become unfriendly.





I always booked a Jacuzzi Suite - it was always a quiet, comfortable stay. Now it seems that partiers book up these suites (4-6 to a room) and party all night in them - staff has been unresponsive to my requests to have someone ask the noisemakers to quiet down while on hotel property.





Would recommend Blue Moon hotel - just across the street and one block south of 10th.



Has the Essex House in SoBe gone downhill since 2001?


Ooops, just posted the same question, should have looked first I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment