Saturday, April 3, 2010

Orange Lake Resort

Has anyone stayed at this resort. Looks large and pretty nice. Have a large family and like the space part of it. How far from Disney and Universal?





Thanks



Orange Lake Resort


I haven%26#39;t stayed there, but I%26#39;ve driven by many times. You are about 3-4 miles west of the main Disney entrance on Hwy 192.





If traffic is good, it will be about a 10 minute commute to Disney property. If you are coming when it%26#39;s crowded, take a left off of 192 on to Black Lake Road (about 1 mile east of the resort) and when Black Lake Road dead ends at Sherberth, take a left on Sherberth. This will bring you up to a traffic light which is the start of the Osceola Parkway. You can access all of Disney property from here, or take the OP to I-4 to get to Universal. During busy times, Hwy 192 can back up all the way from the Disney entrance to west of Black Lake Road between 8-10am, when everyone is going to the parks.





If traffic is good, Universal will be about 15-20 minutes away. You can take Hwy 192 or the Osceola Parkway to I-4 and take I-4 east to Universal.



Orange Lake Resort


I never stayed her before but will be staying in july (24-31) on timeshare promotions youcan also read lots of reviews on tripadvisor if search for it most of revews were goof people complain about alot of petty things only thing that did alarm me was the fact that almost everyone complained about being in the older buildings which i totally understand unfortunely you are not assigned a room until you arrive so that made me think that the orange lake assign thier guest (anyone that is not a timeshare older) to the older units so i called and they so no they do not do that of coarse i did expect a truthful answer so in that deparment am just going to ask god for favor.





good luck





also am not sure if the timeshare promo was such a good deal but at time i thought that was only way to visit the resort




I haven%26#39;t been there, but I sent my husband and his buddies for a golf trip as there are 4 golf courses on premises. My husband said that the accomodations were wonderful. He stayed in a 3 bedroom in the ';North Village';. He said it was huge! He didn%26#39;t use any ammenties besides the golf courses, but he said the pools looked very nice. The only thing that might be a draw back is that the resort is so big that everything is very spread out. Depending on where your room assignment is , you may have to take your car even for the pool.




I%26#39;m an owner there and I love the place. Lots of resort activities for all ages. The Villas are large. Publix supermarket is right outside. It about 3 mile from World Drive but the triffic on 192 can be bad at peak times. However, there is a shortcut that leads you to Animal kingdom resort as i have discovered here on this site.





Universal is about 30-45 min away, taking into account traffic. Although the resort has shuttles on site and to the parks, I recommend you rent a car. Orange Lake is huge but not cramped like other places.




My husband %26amp; daughter stayed there with my in-laws and they really enjoyed it. In fact, my in-laws bought a time share there. It is a HUGE complex and the units were good sized.





Check out www.redweeks.com before you go so that you know what resells are going for and you don%26#39;t get talked into buying a unit.




hi, we will be going here june 23 - 30 thru a rci exchange, i have read some good and some bad so i hope it will be ok.




Hi everyone



I have posted before about this property, it is very nice but far too big, we had to drive to the pools, which is not a holiday for me. The staff were not friendly, it took us 20 minutes to get to universal, I couldnt fault the rooms, very nice and spacious. If you are going at the hight of season, be aware the pool areas get crowded, we went easter and spent one week at the resort and a total of 3 hours by the pool, it was just too crowded, the was not even floor space to sit. I wouldnt go back to this resort, sorry





toni




We just returned from a week at Orange Lake on May 12. We loved it! We are a family of six and found it to be very spacious. Yes the resort is large, however they have great shuttle transportation. There is just so much to do. My son and husband played in basketball competitions, my daughter played in hoola hoop contests, we played mini-golf. I%26#39;ll be quite honest with you, my children ages are 13, 9, 5, 3 and they had way more fun at the resort than at any of the Disney parks or Universal parks we went to. We are thinking about going back, and just doing things onsite and staying away from the crazy parks. No matter what anyone says, Parks are not a vacation. Our best days were spent by the pool, golfing, playing basketball, etc. Without fail everytime we were at the parks, someone was crying or fighting or complaining. Our best family memories were relaxing at Orange Lake.




I just recently was at Orange Lake. We loved it! We had a 3 bedroom unit in the North Village. It was very nice and my kids loved it! I think some ppl may be very picky because I found no faults in this place.




It%26#39;s great-- the suites are huge. Beyond the bedrooms being huge, they have large living/dining rooms plus patios, so there%26#39;s just general floorplan space that%26#39;s nice. They also just opened a new water park there with a lazy river and slides and things.

No comments:

Post a Comment