Saturday, April 3, 2010

HELP: Beach Report

Can anyone give me an update on the beaches in front of Pointe Santo as far as red algea, clarity of water and anything else of note? I will be heading down there tomorrow and am just wondering what to expect, any information would be appreciated, thank you



HELP: Beach Report


Red algae has mostly left the area and the beaches are free of the stuff. Some fish from the most recent fish kill [red tide is in the bay] have been reported, mostly down toward the Lighthouse. The heavy rains this week are helping. TA member Skoorb1 is at Pointe Santo and I did post to him yesterday. Hope he answers soon.





You can check www.nbc-2.com and www.news-press.com for any beach info and I will post any updates on the location of the red tide - which has been down toward Clam Pass and Vanderbuilt Beach near Naples.



HELP: Beach Report


thanks a lot for the info . . . . i can%26#39;t wait to get down there :-)




I%26#39;m staying at Tarpon Beach, right next to Pointe Santo, and as I walked east from Pointe Santo to Sandollar I counted at least 8 dead fish, one right in front on Pointe Santo. Not all grouped together, but one every now and then. There are tons of people out enjoying the beach and water (and fishing) so I wouldn%26#39;t worry about it. Walking west toward West Wind Inn I only counted 2 dead fish. I saw absolutely NO red algae, so that is great news.





However, I%26#39;ve been coughing a lot today while sitting on the beach, more so than previous days. We had storms roll through all day yesterday so maybe it kicked something up into the air and it is affecting my allergies and asthma. But I did notice a lot of other people coughing too but please don%26#39;t let that stop you from coming. It%26#39;s still hot, beautiful and wonderful here. We are leaving tomorrow and I%26#39;m so sad!! Wish we could stay another week, but we%26#39;re off to South Beach Miami for a few days before we go back to reality! I%26#39;ll miss Sanibel!





Have a GREAT time!




Glad the red tide isn%26#39;t too bad, Hawaii. Enjoy SoBe!




Any news on the beach. We are leaving the 19th !!

No comments:

Post a Comment