Saturday, April 3, 2010

Thinking about a trip to Longboat Key

Hi all, I need some help. My wife, 12 yr old and I are thinking about Longboat Key as a destination for some R%26amp;R in July. My wife%26#39;s big thing is wanting to snorkel and I was wondering if this locale caters to that? She would love the beaches I think and it looks like the water is very clear (is that right?). If anybody has alternate suggestions for Florida where we could snorkel and be at peace (no crowded beaches), please post them. We were looking at the Carribbean, but right now that isn%26#39;t looking very affordable to us and we are running out of time for finding the right location at under $2000 for room and airfare. I appreciate any help anybody here can offer. Thanks!



Thinking about a trip to Longboat Key


Longboat Key is not know for snorkeling ... you can, but you will not see much. The Keys is the place for that, BUT it doesn%26#39;t have nice beaches like Longboat Key. To get both I think the Caymans would be the nearest place, or possibly the Bahamas - both very expensive.



Thinking about a trip to Longboat Key


Chuts, thanks for your reply. We were leaning towards Grand Cayman, but the costs are very high for food and such there. I also am considering the Bahamas or Puerto Rico, but we may not find very many reasonable prices at either location.




I think you should look at Siesta Key. Lots of water actvities and the best beaches on the FL west coast.



There are lots of options as far as lodging in all price ranges.



Yo won%26#39;t be disappointed.



~SRQgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment