Thursday, April 1, 2010

coconut cove resort and marina in Islamorada Fl

Looking at staying here with my family Dec 2006. How is the location, pool, beach and most importantly are the rooms clean and staff friendly and helpful. It doesn%26#39;t mater so mutch that the rooms may be dated by CLEAN%26gt;



coconut cove resort and marina in Islamorada Fl


The beaches on the Keys are usually not sandy like further North or on the Gulf side of Florida. The sea bed there is more of a rocky nature and is great for snorkeling or scuba diving. Not familiar with that particular resort.



coconut cove resort and marina in Islamorada Fl


I%26#39;ve also been looking at this place but am very frustrated by lack of info/feedback! The place looks beautiful on its website (but it would, wouldn%26#39;t it?!). Sorry I can%26#39;t be of help - I need the help too!




HI





I wish I can tell you both about the Coconut Cove place, but I figure I can help with other places of interest. I got back from one of the greatest vacations ever in Islamorada on May 6th. I think I have seen the Coconut Cove Resort and it looked very cute and tropical.





There are some very good places to eat at and view the sunsets. I definetely recommend eating breakfast at Mangrove Mikes...dinner at Lazy Days, Islamorada Fish Company and Uncle%26#39;s restaurant. If you want a cheaper meal, try the Village Gourmet..their pizza and fresh baked goods and sandwiches are out of this world. These places are all in Islamorada.





As for sunsets, Lorelei is excellent as well as Islamorada Fish Company. You can also charter or rent a boat at Robbies Tarpon..highly recommened chartering the 21%26#39; electric boat at Robbies. Ask for Captain Chris.





If you both have anymore questions, please ask...have fun!




where did you stay when you were in islamorada. Where there any properties that you took a look at.





Tnak you in advance




We stayed at the Matecumbe Resort. Its a time share place, very clean and quiet. This place is right around MM76. They have a beach, but you really can%26#39;t swim there. They do have a nice pool.





Word of advice, do not stay at the Holiday Isle. Nice place to go for drinks and they have a beach, but very young and the rooms looked dumpy. Actually the place has been sold and they are turning that resort into condo%26#39;s in the near future.





I have read some good reviews on the Coconut Cove Resort. If I am correct, I think I did see it as I driven by and looked very tropical and nice.




Oh, I forgot to mention, the Cheeca Lodge and Spa looked very nice. I%26#39;ve seen it from a boat on the water. We passed right by. Nice private beach and pool. I%26#39;d give that one a shot.




I have stayed at the Cocnut Cove before. We got just their regular room....it was okay....but most hotels in the Keys are..well okay. The grounds were beautiful, and they were currently redoing some of the rooms.....but I personally would have liked a better room. I live in West Palm Beach, and go to Islamorda about every other month. The cocmunt Cove was not one of my favorite places, but it worked out okay.





Correct on Holisday Isle.........rooms dirty, but great place to hang out drink, listen to music, and swim.





Try looking into the



Pelican Cove Resort



Lime Tree Bay Resort.....both places are very good...not as fancy as the Cheeca lodge...however also not 400-500 a night either. Both great places to spend time during December. The Lime Tree Bay Resort is on the south side of Islamorada...so if you stay there...do yourself a favor and continue to drive a little more south.....especially over the seven mile bridge....FANTASTIC! The Pelican Cove Resort is in a very nice location...rooms were clean...staff was nice.....a little outdated Florida keys style...but that is what you gotta love about the keys.





Anyway, both resorts mentioned above have facilities available in which you can have a full kitchen etc.....which makes for a nicer stay especially with a whole family.





Let me know if you need any info......I am very familiar with the area.




was reading your last post as I was researching a possible stay in the keys with my husband and two kiddos. I%26#39;m having a hard time finding a place to stay that I feel like I can trust what we%26#39;ll find when we get there. We are looking to stay under $200/nt if possible for some kind of one bedroom unit with a kitchen (must have a sleeper sofa for the kids). Clean and friendly are far more important to us than up to date decor. A pool would be nice as would some level of tropical landscaping on the grounds to get a sense of that tropical feel since we live in the mountains.



I sent this because you seemed willing to share your knowledge of the keys in a helpful way.



Thanks,


The Stewarts




Hi Stewartcrew





You can try the Matecumbe Resort. They are around MM76 and on the Atlantic side. Its a time share place, but you can try to give them a call and see what units they have avail. They have kitchens, pullout couches and a nice pool. We stayed there in May and as it being my first time, I really liked it. Close to restaurants and they also have bicyles you can take for the day.





Here is there direct phone # 305-664-8801. I am not sure on the price per night, but again, give them a call. Good luck!




Stewartcrew.....it will be hard to find places under 200 a night as the Keys no longer has a real defined season anymore. Per the post above, the time share place may be very nice. Dependent on those in the timeshare, if anything is left vacant, it is available for rent.





I still highly recommend the Lime Tree Bay Resort. It is on the South side of Islamorada. It is on a cute little nook on the gulf side...unbeliveable sunsets...They have a varity of suites that would even accomidate up to 10 people.. There is a great protected park just south of there, and of course just a few miles north is all the main activities in Islamorada. The resort itself has plenty to do for children. They have a pool, nice grounds for any activities etc....just across the bay is place to rent small boats, water activities vehicles, bikes etc.......very very pretty. I would at least check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment