Thursday, April 1, 2010

Disney for the first time

Anyone give me a bit of info, we are travelling from the UK to Disney (staying at Lake Buena Vista) in february next year, I dont want to hire a car and the holiday rep states that there are enough shuttle buses that this wont be an issue, I have 2 kids Daniel who is 11 nad my daughter Dayle 7 - they are so excited but I dont want to spoil things for them by waiting around for buses -you know how imaptient kids can be, also what is the weather like in Feb, not sure what I need to pack


Any info would be really helpful!!!!



Disney for the first time


Like I mentioned in my other post, transport in Disney is very good. However car rentals in Fl are very cheap, so you may want to add up your transport costs to/from the airport to the hotel and then decide. I also went over weather in Feb in my other post....ENJOY!



Disney for the first time


im sure there will be plenty of shuttle buses, but they generally go a couple of times in the morning and a couple of times in the evening stopping at several hotels en-route. I have been twice and not hired a car but have always stayed on International Drive so I have only had to use the shuttles to get to Disney. Alot of people in the UK say car-hire is essential but that is not true. I have always got to see everything I wanted to but the good thing about I-drive is you can walk to many restaurants, shops, crazy golf etc so you are not so tied to your hotel and you can enjoy a cold beer and a glass of wine or two in the evening without worrying about driving.



This year I have tried to be really clever and booked a week at Disney so I can use their transport and a week on I-Drive so I can use the I -Ride Trolley bus to get to Seaworld and Universal (think i may jump in a cab home from Universal as I gather I get off the bus and then have a pretty long walk!)





What hotel in LBV are you staying at ?




Clothing -





I will bring a combination of things. Bring pants, shorts, and Capri pants and short sleeved shirts. Bring a sweater, light jacket, or sweatshirt - morning %26amp; evenings could be a bit cool. It won%26#39;t be hot but should be lovely.





The average temperature is 16.6 degrees celcius / 62 degrees F.





The average high temp is 22.8 C / 73 F.





The average low is 10.5 C / 51 F.





In February, the average number of clear days is 8. Average cloudy days 9. Generally there are 7 rainy days.





There is a really good book called ';The Brit%26#39;s Guide to Orlando and Walt Disney World'; or something like that. It%26#39;ll be worthwhile for you to pick up a copy.





http:/www.buildabettermousetrip.com does Disney restuarant reservations etc. for a low fee - about $25, I think - so you don%26#39;t have to pay international phone charges. You can make dining reservations up to 180 days in advance and some - like the princess breakfast at Cinderella%26#39;s royal table in Magic Kingdom - fill fast. A good place to research restaurants is the dining section at http://www.allearsnet.com





Even though you%26#39;re not coming at a terribly busy time (unless you are here over presidents day), you%26#39;ll still want a touring plan for the parks. It%26#39;ll save you a lot of time.





www.disneyworldlinks.net has a lot of good Disney World links.





I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment